There are quite a number of manufacturers of wood fired pizza ovens – most located in Europe or the United States, although there are smaller companies located across the globe too. There’s a lot of variety out there from lightweight portable ovens to more larger permanent brick ovens fueled by either wood or gas.
Some popular brands include Forno Bravo, Wood Stone, EarthStone Ovens, Mugnaini, and Alfa Pizza. Each type of oven has its own unique characteristics and features, so the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences.
What type of oven do you want?
If you’re on this page then you probably already know about the benefits of cooking with a pizza oven and why they make such great additions to your home, not only for the superior food but also for the social aspect of entertaining.
So what are the things you should consider when making your purchase?
- Portable or fixed – Do you want a portable oven that takes less spaces and can be stored away or do you want one one a solid brick base that will take more space but be more ‘traditional’.
- Wood-fired or gas-fired? – A wood fire will give you a more authentic cooking experience but gas can be a lot simpler and quicker to fire up.
- Just pizza? Some ovens will only ever be good for pizza but a larger brick oven will store heat in its mass allowing you to cook a wide variety of foods from bread to slow-cooked brisket.
- Budget – How much do you want to spend? You can get a budget portable pizza oven for less than $200 or you can spend thousands on a traditional brick oven.
List of pizza oven manufacturers
Here’s a quick look at some of the suppliers:
Perhaps the best know of the commercial manufacturers in the US. Centered in California, they have a great website with huge amount out information – well worth a visit. Large variety of ovens from fully assembled to DIY kits and lots of accessories.
Chicago Brick Oven
A manufacturer of refractory brick as well as segmented and one piece pizza ovens. Located in Chicago – naturally enough – these ovens are available online through their website or via dealers mostly in the US, but they also have dealers in Hawaii and Australia.
Restaurant-grade outdoor pizza ovens for your backyard with something to suite all budgets. These are every stylish and Gozney are available in the US, Canada, Australia, Europe, and the UK.
- 🍕 SIMPLE TO USE Designed to be easy to use for all levels – from home cooks to professional chefs, the Roccbox gets up to 500℃ and makes outdoor cooking effortless and fast, with pizzas cooked in just 60 seconds! Comes with a professional grade pizza peel
The Ooni is a British made really light weight, stainless steel unit, intended for use on a table-top or countertop. It’s fired with wood pellets or gas which may make it much more suited to the urban environment or to easily pack into the trailer or motorhome to take camping.
If you’re looking for a posh pizza oven and don’t mind the budget then DeliVita could be the oven for you. Although built in Yorkshire in the UK, they do now ship to the US and are available in a variety of colours these are not just for cooking but add some serious aesthetics to your outdoor space.
The Melbourne Firebrick Co.
Don’t be put off by the name as they distribute across the United States as well as their native Australia. They have a great series of videos on building and assembling the pre-cut refractory brick pizza oven kits. The owner has a great attitude and clearly loves the whole process of building pizza ovens and enjoying the results. Well worth a visit!
This is not a complete list of everything that’s available, it should certain give you enough ‘food for thought’ in considering the best direction to take with your Wood Fired Pizza Oven. Don’t discount local independent contractors who can also build you an oven from scratch, but you may end up paying significantly more as they will probably have more overheads as they won’t be as “well-oiled” as some of the larger brands.
It’s hard to overstate how much the joy of cooking will become part of your life.